Today’s Overwatch update time for the returning Halloween Terror event for 2020 has been locked in and it won’t be long before gamers can unlock new Legendary skins and spooky cosmetics. But while fans know a lot about what to expect from the seasonal event, there’s been plenty of other changes worked on in the background. by the development team And if we’re lucky, some of these will be part of today’s big Overwatch update across PS4, Xbox One and PC.
OVERWATCH UPDATE TIME
Developers Blizzard has confirmed that Overwatch Halloween 2020 will be releasing on Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
Gamers across PS4, Xbox One and PC will get the update at the same time, and there’s a chance of a few surprises being added.
Today’s Overwatch update time is to be scheduled for around 7pm BST, or 11am PDT if you live in the United States.
This is based on previous launch schedules, so there’s always a chance that things could start earlier than listed above.
It will be worth keeping an eye on the official Overwatch Twitter account, as this will confirm when the new patch has been released.
OVERWATCH PATCH NOTES
While we know that new skins and Junkenstein’s Revenge are expected, there’s a few other changes Blizzard have been working on.
Early patch notes shared as part of the game’s most recent PTR update provide us a little insight into what to expect next.
It’s unclear how many of these new changes will arrive but you can find the official Overwatch PTR patch notes listed below:
Feature Update: Improved Profanity Filter
We are making changes to how the Profanity Filter works to give players more control over the types of words they see. Instead of a simple On/Off Profanity Filter, there are now three levels of profanity filtering provided.
- FRIENDLY – We’ll do our best to filter all words currently identified by our constantly-updated list as obscene, vulgar, or offensive. This is the most family-friendly setting.
- MATURE – You may see some obscene or vulgar words with this setting, but we will filter language identified as extremely offensive.
- UNFILTERED – Nothing will be filtered. Please be aware that you may see extremely offensive language. This setting is not recommended.
- Along with the new three levels of filtering, we now will allow players to have different profanity filter settings for each communication channel.
- As an example, you could use the stronger FRIENDLY profanity filter option for more public channels such as GENERAL CHAT or MATCH CHAT, but use the MATURE option for the more private PARTY CHAT.
- PLEASE NOTE: Using Any of the profanity filters doesn’t make it okay for players to use offensive language, and we encourage you to report these examples if you encounter them.
- Using language reported by the community and deemed offensive by Blizzard will result in severe account restrictions.